The Reports dialog can be accessed from the More menu and looks and behaves similar to windows file explorer with respect to file organization. From the dialog you can upload a file, download a report in various formats, and access the report designer. However, the most commonly performed report task in RA is exporting a route loaded in the SLD as a PDF report.
You can quickly download a route to PDF from the SLD using the Reports dialog.
To perform a quick download:
- Load the route you wish to export in the SLD.
- Open the Reports dialog from the More menu.
- The dialog will open to the Road Analyzer directory by default.
- Double-click the SLD Print.mrt.
- A PDF of the route currently loaded in the SLD will download automatically.
You can download a report file (.MRT) or a printed version of the rendered report (in various formats) directly to your personal computer.
To download a report:
- Right click on a MRT file and select Download to access the download option menu.
- Click the type of format you want to download.
Variables that feed the query of a report can be modified from the Report Parameters menu. Changing these variables will only impact the results rendered in the viewer or downloaded report. The MRT file will not be affected.
To change parameters:
- Right click on an MRT file and select Change Parameters.
- A list of all variables in the report will appear in the report parameters menu.
- Assign values to the variables and click View Report to view the results in the Report Engine viewer.
Note: When changing parameters for theSLD Print report in Road Analyzer, you will not be able to view the report updates from the Viewer - the View Report button will be grayed out. You can still download the report, however.
- To download a version of the report that meets your specified query criteria click Download Report.
Opening a report in the Viewer is a quick way to see what a report looks when rendering the data.
To view a report:
- Right click a report and select Open in Viewer.
- The report will open in the Report Engine application in a separate window.
Tip: If the report does not display ensure that the database connection has been added within Report Engine.
Need to rename a report? No sweat. Renaming reports is easy from the Dashboard.
- Right click on a report you wish to rename.
- Click Rename.
- Once clicked, the report name will become an editable field.
- Enter your changes, then click any blank space on the Dashboard to exit editing mode.
- The new name will be saved.
Tip: Did you make a mistake and need to change it? No worries. Just repeat the steps above.
An existing report file (.MRT) can be uploaded to report engine.
To upload a report file:
- From the dashboard click the Upload File button.
- Select a file from your machine and click open. All uploads will be added to the root folder.
All uploaded files or saved files (from the designer) are initially saved to the root folder where they can then be moved to the folder of your choice.
To move a report file from the root folder to a sub folder, click and drag the file.
- Locate the breadcrumbs.
- Drag file to file you want in the breadcrumbs path.
Tip: You can also move the report to the main reports folder then move it to any folder you choose.