Selecting a Route and Measures
Once you have filtered the Route list using one of the selection tools, you select a route from the Route list.
Note: If there is only one route it will automatically be selected.
By default, the full route's full extent will be loaded into the From Measure and To Measure fields, but you can change the extents to display a subset of the route's extents that you want to analyze.
If you want to narrow down the results based on a specific version and/or date, first make these selections.
- Select a version from the Version dropdown menu.
- Select a date by clicking on the calendar icon and clicking on the desired date.
To select a route segment, you can populate the route list by using one of the following selection/filter methods:
- Search By Geography – using your GPS location or a specific latitude/longitude location
- Search By Hierarchy – using a series of dropdown menus to select location criteria
- Search By Map – using the interactive route selection map and clicking a route
- Search With Query Builder – using the Query Builder form to select by event layer
- Search by Text - by entering the full or partial route ID text
- Search By Recently Selected Route – loading a route previously selected during a use session
To select a route and measures:
- If more than one route is available in the list, select the desired one.
- Enter the desired start by entering it into the From Measure input box.
- Enter the desired end by entering it into the To Measure input box.
Note: Limiting the length of the segment you are going to load to increase the performance of the SLD. The application will respond faster by loading smaller sections of roadway. You can easily load additional miles from the SLD screen. The suggested maximum number of miles to load at one time is 5-30 miles - depending on the event layers that are configured to be visible initially.
Alternate Method: Click Slide.
Slide the green dot to select the From Measure and the red dot to select the To Measure. The Total Miles for your selected extent is updated as you slide either dot.
- Select Analyze Route to load the route segment.