Event Layer Styling - Labels
The Labels tool provides the ability to label assets associated with an event in the stick panel.
You can add customizable event record labels to any event displayed in the stick panel.
Example: One may want to display the crash date or time along with crash events in the stick panel. In this case, you would need to label the Crash event based on the ‘crash_date’ or ‘crash_hour’ field.
- Click the magnifying glass to open the Search box.
- Start typing the name of a layer in the Search box to bring up matching layers.
- Select the layer you want from the search list.
- Click Filter to open the filter options at the top of the table.
- In the column you want to filer, start typing what you want the table to be filtered against.
- The view will update to show only the matching result(s).
- Click Filter again to close the fields and show all the layers in the table.
- Click Styling in the top menu then select Event Layer Styling to open the Styling Settings menu.
Tip: You may want to make sure the layer you are adding a label to is visible in the Visibility tab.
- Click the Labels tab.
- Locate the layer that you want to add the label to and place a mark in its checkbox.
- Select a field to use from the Label Expression dropdown menu.
Tip: This is the field that the label value will be pulled from.
- Optional: Change the Size and Color of the label font.
- Optional: Enter the X Offset and Y Offset.
- Click Close.
- Click Draw in the top menu and select Show Draw Tools. Labels will be outlined by a red dotted box.
- Rotate labels where wanted.
- Click Draw in the top menu and select Hide Draw Tools to close the drawing tools.