App Manager's Authentication feature provides the ability to select the security type you wish to use to secure your applications.
- Check the security option you want the application to use.
- Click Save to save your changes, or Cancel to cancel your changes.
Heads Up! When using "Windows Authentication", you must disable "Anonymous Authentication" and enable "Windows Authentication" in IIS for this application.
Heads Up! When using the federation (STS) security mechanism, you must make sure that all roles and privileges are completely, and correctly, setup to work in the "STS" configuration/environment before applying this security profile. You must have an "admin-equivalent" role setup with all privileges assigned to it, so that your federated identity will be able to login as an "administrator." You will not be able to login with any built-in application accounts after applying this security mechanism. Before applying this setting, you will need to change the Administrator role name in Roles and then update the "Admin Group Role" in the apps Security Settings.
- Enter the STS Metadata Location - this is where the service is located.
- Enter Realm and Audience URL - these two parameters were used to set up the service and must match or there will be an error.
- Optional: Enter the protocol message Name and Value parameters.
- Click Save.
Will authenticate users and roles against IdentityServer3. IdentityServer is a framework and a hostable component that allows implementing single sign-on and access control for modern web applications and APIs using protocols like OpenID Connect and OAuth2. It supports a wide range of clients like mobile, web, SPAs and desktop applications and is extensible to allow integration in new and existing architectures. You can learn more about this option here: IdentityServer Documentation.
- Enter the Authority, Client Id, Redirect URL, and User Info Client URL.
- Click Save.
Note: More details and information regarding security can be found in the Application Security topic.
Tip: If you're looking for information regarding authenticating with ArcGIS Portal, please refer to the Configure Portal for ArcGIS topic.